Colombian cam studios scam? or not?

FrenkLis

About a year ago I went to cam site to a Colombian girl, at first I just wanted to relax, as guys usually do. But eventually it turned into some feelings for me - she turned out to be quite nice and we started chatting. The conversation was more of a friendly one, we hardly touched the topic of sex. After a month or two she started talking about her life and even told me her real last name. We chatted a lot, I left good tips through the cam site, but it still seemed strange that she shared such a personal thing.

Eventually she left the studio, I got her number on WhatsApp, and we continue to chat there about various topics, including my trip to Colombia (which was my plan before we even met). I always suspected it was a work number because she doesn't leave personal information in statuses, although she claims the number is real. We've called a couple times via video chat and voice calls at her request, but I've always been wary, not trusting her. She often sends voice messages, sometimes weird ones - crying, saying she's lonely, complaining about family problems. But mostly they are just normal conversations, since everyone has domestic problems.

Eventually she wanted me to add her to Facebook or Instagram. I said I don't use social media, which of course isn't true - I just don't trust anyone with these things until I meet them in person. She got really upset and said she didn't want to communicate anymore unless I added her on Facebook. I made a fake page, checked her profile - looks like everything is legit, pics with family and friends dated back years. After that we started communicating less but still keep in touch and she still wants me to come over.

From the beginning I thought it might be some kind of divorce, I just don't know which one. I'm wondering because I'm about to plan a trip to Colombia for a few months. I've read different threads about girls running scams, but this doesn't seem like it, because I haven't given her any money in over six months and her Facebook seems to be real. Is this some new kind of scam from the Colombian cam studios? Or is she scamming me somehow? How can I check if Facebook is fake? Maybe she's just trying to keep a customer? Eventually, she started starring on the cam site again, but I haven't visited her page since.

For reference, I'm 29 years old, she's 23. Not much of an age difference.
What's your advice? Is it realistic to go to her or do I risk getting scammed?

@FrenkLis , don't take it all too personally.... I'm giving you a 75% guarantee that nothing good will come out of this trip. You should look for friends or love in a different way, not through cam sites.
Stick to the principle: come - rest - forget.

About a year ago I went to cam site to a Colombian girl, at first I just wanted to relax, as guys usually do. But eventually it turned into some feelings for me - she turned out to be quite nice and we started chatting. The conversation was more of a friendly one, we hardly touched the topic of sex. After a month or two she started talking about her life and even told me her real last name. We chatted a lot, I left good tips through the cam site, but it still seemed strange that she shared such a personal thing.

Eventually she left the studio, I got her number on WhatsApp, and we continue to chat there about various topics, including my trip to Colombia (which was my plan before we even met). I always suspected it was a work number because she doesn't leave personal information in statuses, although she claims the number is real. We've called a couple times via video chat and voice calls at her request, but I've always been wary, not trusting her. She often sends voice messages, sometimes weird ones - crying, saying she's lonely, complaining about family problems. But mostly they are just normal conversations, since everyone has domestic problems.

Eventually she wanted me to add her to Facebook or Instagram. I said I don't use social media, which of course isn't true - I just don't trust anyone with these things until I meet them in person. She got really upset and said she didn't want to communicate anymore unless I added her on Facebook. I made a fake page, checked her profile - looks like everything is legit, pics with family and friends dated back years. After that we started communicating less but still keep in touch and she still wants me to come over.

From the beginning I thought it might be some kind of divorce, I just don't know which one. I'm wondering because I'm about to plan a trip to Colombia for a few months. I've read different threads about girls running scams, but this doesn't seem like it, because I haven't given her any money in over six months and her Facebook seems to be real. Is this some new kind of scam from the Colombian cam studios? Or is she scamming me somehow? How can I check if Facebook is fake? Maybe she's just trying to keep a customer? Eventually, she started starring on the cam site again, but I haven't visited her page since.

For reference, I'm 29 years old, she's 23. Not much of an age difference.
What's your advice? Is it realistic to go to her or do I risk getting scammed?
There are plenty of girls - people, really - from Colombia and all over the world who cam and would be more than happy to welcome you if you visited their country.

Of course, you’d be the one footing the bill for everything - meals, hotel, and all the other expenses, including the ones you won’t even know about until you’re there and stuck in a situation. Maybe you splurge on a gift or two, and if you end up having sex, you skip the condom.

Maybe she doesn't see you as just an ATM. Maybe she’s eyeing you as her ticket out, like a visa sponsor, or maybe she’s planning for something else. Or hey, despite all the red flags, maybe it’s 100% legit.

Back